Monday, November 17, 2008

Yummy yummy Hong Kong Lor Mai Gai

Before my trip to HK, I told myself I have to try their Lor mai gai (glutinous rice chicken, 糯米鸡). But when we had the HK dim sum for lunch on the 3rd day of our trip, FL ordered wrongly, he thought he ordered lor mai gai but that one turned out to be paper wrapped chicken!! So till now I still haven't had the chance to try lor mai gai yet.

When we were on the way to the sports shoes street (波鞋街) to shop for Nike sports shoes (after we were back from HK Disneyland), we passed by this little shop which sells lor mai gai, some dim sum + bao. Yay, I still got chance to eat HK Lor mai gai!!


Their lor mai gai looks a bit different than the one we have here. It's much more bigger and the lor mai gai is wrapped with banana leaves (i think...it's banana leaves. hehe..)

Unlike our lor mai gai, this one is white in color. The chicken is at the bottom. Smells really nice and taste really good! oooo.. I love lor mai gai, I love HK lor mai gai!!

Vitasoy, original and honey dew flavor
维他奶

I don't like soya drinks but a lot of people told me this is a MUST drink thing in HK. So i bought one packet at the 7-11 opposite my hotel to try on the first day. Since then, I bought 1 packet EVERYDAY!!(on the last night, i bought 2 packets!! hehe..) It's really nice, not too sweet, even me who doesn't like soya drinks love this!!

and this.. what's the name for this ar?

this taste so so only, why? cos they add soy sauce on top and there's no chili sauce! taste a bit weird la..the lor mai gai + this costs us HKD 26, not cheap also... but really should try the lor mai gai lar.. taste really good!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

is 荷叶,not banana leaf oh...
so i think it looks like 荷叶饭 ^_^

Jys said...

'he ye' is what leaf ar? hehe..

but it doesn't taste like 荷叶饭 lar.. yum yum...

KOKahKOK said...

hahah good....can try in next 2 weeks haha

Jys said...

wah..envy lar... hehe...

Post a Comment