Monday, June 1, 2009

Famous dessert in Taiwan (鲜宇仙)

After our dinner at the 30 yrs old shop, we explore the shops around our hotel. We walked and walked and walked (for an hour or so..) and suddenly FL stopped and said, hey, this is the dessert shop that recommended by forumers, want to try?

We really get a lot of information on food from forumers, hehe..

鲜宇仙

the menu

the story of the shop

the shop is quite nice,
heard there's a lot of branches all over Taiwan

a pager/beeper?

We need to make our order at the counter. After we paid, we were given this, a pager. When our orders are ready, it will beeps. Then we can go to the counter and collect our dessert.

It sounds systematic right? But still, they missed out our orders. We waited for like 15 minutes but still the pager remained silent. We checked our orders at the counter and then only found out they missed out our orders.

FL's dessert
the round round big big in the middle is yam

and mine..
the white is yam, yellow is sweet potato,
then there's red bean..

We didn't expect it to be such a big bowl. We may just ordered a bowl instead of 2 if we knew it earlier. I forgot what we ordered but I remembered the taste is just normal. In fact, we took a hard time to finish our dessert. hehe.. The bill adds up to nt 90 (RM 10.60), not cheap also...

Worth to try if you never tried before, but I don't think I will visit the shop again if I got the chance to visit Taiwan next time. :p

1 comment:

Dominick said...

I know this place and there you'll get one amazing dessert and that is world famous baklava with pistachio. You'll believe me or not when I visited this restaurant I ordered so much baklava and at the time of my bill pay I saw that I don't have enough money whereas I can lead high life for two days with that money.

Post a Comment