Thursday, September 10, 2009

Not so stinky Stinky Tofu @ JiuFen Taiwan (臭豆腐@九份台湾)

I've always wanted to try stinky toufu cos I can't seems to understand why ppl will like such smelly food. Some friends told me the smell and the taste is totally two different thing. That is why I told myself, die die also must try when I went to Hong Kong last year. But at the end, I didn't try also, why? Cos it's toooooo smelly till I don't even dare to go near it, not to mention putting it into my mouth. hehe...

Although I didn't get to try it in Hong Kong, I did try it for the very first time in Taiwan!! and yes, it's delicious!! But one thing is, it's not smelly at all, so maybe this was not the original smelly toufu?


I still remembered when we passed by the stall, I asked FL, ei, what is this? looks nice.. Then FL looked up and told me, hey, this is stinky toufu leh.. and my first reaction was, har? why not smelly one? let's go try it!! hahahahahaaha...

looks nice right?

the grill (现烤臭豆腐) one, nt 25 (RM 2.90) per stick, the fried one (油炸臭豆腐) nt 40 (RM 4.70) per stick, we decided to take the grill one..

and of cos, we added lot's of chili!! hehehe..


We were surprised we actually like it! It's not smelly and it's tasty, especially with the chili added!! Yum yum!! I finally tried smelly toufu!!! yay!!

3 comments:

iyouwe said...

yummy! so delicious! nanged u! hope u will nang me back! nang me

vunfung said...

realy smelly taufu normally smell like chicken shit. hahaha

Anonymous said...

not smelly meh?
I passed by this stall and nearly FAINTED..

Post a Comment