Saturday, October 4, 2008

DAORAE Korean BBQ Restaurant @ Kepong

I never stepped my foot on a Korean restaurant before because I thought it would be expensive and I'm not sure what food is nice. Finally few days ago (Tuesday), just before we start the raya holidays, we decided to go try. hehe, oh yes, just an excuse to go eat nice food lar..

DAORAE Korean BBQ Restaurant @ Kepong
just opposite Carrefour

The Menu

tea (i think)

They will served this drink to everyone, yes it's free. Of cos, you can order another drink if you want. It looks like tea but you can actually taste coffee. wuahahaha.. what a weird combination. I don't really like the taste. However, FL said it's nice.

this is for the BBQ, every table has one.

what's this?

the switch to on/off the bbq thing. nice!!

the super long chopstick and spoon. hehe..

I nv tried korean food before so i let FL to decide what to eat. By seeing the menu, I also don't know what to order. hehe.. I looked around and saw there's a lot of people, see. almost full, i guess we've picked the right korean restaurant!


After we placed our orders, they served these to us. Most of it are salty, but some really nice, oh ya, you can asked for refill to, and yes, it's free. So eat as much as you can!! hehe..

White Rice, RM 5

FL asked for a bowl or rice and guess how much is this bowl of rice? RM 5!! wow, I can buy 1kg of rice with RM 5, super expensive!!

Kimchi jeon gol (small), RM 50

this is what we order, they said for 2 person, but i think it's enough for 3-4 person!! How it taste, sweet sweet, sour sour, spicy spicy, hehe, actually it taste quite nice too. There's kimchi, lean pork, tofu, mushrooms, some vege and mee. But after eating for a while, I felt a bit geli, maybe because the taste is too strong..We can't really finish this, I think if 4 person shared this, then it will be nice!!

After we asked for the bill, they served this to us, and yes, it's free too... hehe..

dono what drink, but taste quite nice. hehe..

water melon..sweet...

Our bill = RM 60.50(10% servcive charge), we regret that we did not try the BBQ, all other tables tried the BBQ, it must be nice. We will definitely come to this shop again to try the Korean BBQ!!

10 comments:

Drunk On Books And Adventure said...

Hi Joyce,

I've tried this Daorae before. And I didn't know that I can ask for free refills of those side dishes!! I really enjoyed those things. Thanks for sharing this info.

3)!7V said...

I always go to Daorae in Hartamas, sometimes they even served complimentary pancake. I should try the BBQ next time =)

Big Boys Oven said...

looks cool dinner you had there!

Jys said...

@blackie007
ya ya, at first i also don't know can refill, until the waiter came to me and asked me do i want some more, then i know can refill. :)

@3)!7v
pancake? is it nice? i also want to try the bbq next time!

@big boys oven
oh yes, i did enjoy my dinner there too!

foongpc said...

It's a Korean BBQ Restaurant - how come you did not try the BBQ? Anyway, I've never been to Korean restaurants before : ) I think I prefer Japanese but then again cannot make judgements til I try Korean.

Jys said...

yalor, i also don't know why we didn't choose the BBQ. hehe..really stupid hor.. :p

Ciyou said...

u go korean restoran, should try their bbq mar. you can try seoul garden at 1-u for korean bbq

Jys said...

yalor, now regret also no use liao..will sure try the bbq next time. :p

CK Lam said...

I too love korean bbq...many restaurant is mushrooming up in Penang.

Btw... my url has changed to
www.what2seeonline.com

Yoki Yoki said...

mnmn..I like korean food too..but the Kepong Daorae I not yet try lah..I try at USJ is okay, but the Bdr Puteri mv~mn~mn~ not same like USJ..Me and my fren always go to SS 2...hehe...we work at PJ,Kepong...mn~mn..next time try..haha...

Post a Comment