Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Nice fish head noodle at Restoran D.U.Cafe, Kota Damansara

I used to come to this Restoran D.U.Cafe at Kota Damansara for the Char kway teow at night. Last week, I went back for the char kway teow but unfortunately, it's not as nice as previous anymore. When I was about to leave, I saw a table of 4, all ordered fish head noodle. Wow, it must be nice since the whole family ordered the same thing!! I told myself I must try this fish head noodle some day.

Few days ago, I went back to this restoran to try the fish head noodle!! Oh ya, I love fish head noodle, was trying to find a replacement after the fish head noodle stall at Uptown moved to dono where few years ago..

Restoran D.U. Cafe at Kota Damansara

see the stall?

Fish head noodle, RM 5.50
quite expensive and very big bowl


you know what's the best thing? this stall got thick bee hoon (粗米粉)!! I've been looking for fish head noodle with thick bee hoon for years!! It looks nice, it smells nice but the soup is a bit too salty for me. Although it's salty, the fish taste really good, fresh and crispy!! No wonder the whole family ordered the same thing!!

If you are a fan of fish head noodle, you probably want to try this. This restoran is just behind the UOB Bank at Kota Damansara..

14 comments:

foongpc said...

Oh, have passed by this restaurant a few times, but never eaten there. OK, must try their fish head noodle next time!
Btw, thanks for dropping by my blog. Your friend's gf who has the gift to see ghosts - these gifted people sometimes freak me out! : )

RUN WITH THE WAVE said...

Hey there! Come and join us for a BBQ buffet at the beach this Christmas with watersports activities included!Sign up now! Check out my website at www.runwiththewave.com Thanks!

Anonymous said...

RM 5.50 is not expensive lah, the one selling here is RM 9.50. But I don't like fish head noodle, hehehe...

Jys said...

RM 9.50? wow, that's expensive? where where? i'm interested!!

email2me said...

The Char Koey Teow, Duck Meat Koey Teow Soup, loh bak and the wan tan mee is the best you can find in PJ. All are authentic Penang cause I spoke hokkien with them and we got the same communication channel.

You can try their fish head noodle without the milk. It taste even better. That is authentic Penang style if you didn't put in the evaporated milk.

http://www.foodpoi.com/2007/11/restoran-du-cafe-dataran-sunway-kota-damansara/

Jys said...

i used to like their char kway teow but recently i tried it's not as nice as last time lar.

the rest i nv try before, will try it out some day!!

email2me said...

Got a trick at the char koey teow stall. If you want it to make sure you'll be having a nice one, make sure it is fried by the chinese guy. If his wife fried, taste not nice at all cause she put too much water when frying.

Jys said...

har, like that one ar, so i cannot order until i see the guy is frying? hehe.. ok ok, will try this next time when i go.

it seems like u go there very often wor..

email2me said...

Yea .... I am staying nearby only and is my regular place for a cheap and good meal.

Anonymous said...

i USED TO GO THERE FOR DINNER, BUT NOW ON I WILL NOT GOING THERE FOREVER. WHY?..IF YOU DONT' MIND HAVING INSECT AS TOPPING FOR YOUR DRINK, JUST TRY IT.

Anonymous said...

Those hawker stall operators are very dirty, especially the one selling clayport rice and wan toon mee, I have been observing it, just imaging that guy pork his fingure into his ear and dig..dig..dig then the same hand go and take the ingredient and cook your meal...just imaging that..

Anonymous said...

The food court is opened, a few stall from D.U. Cafe has moved to food court and I rather go to food court for better ambient with no extra price. D.U. cafe is a deteriorate place.

Anonymous said...

Honerstly, the fish head and Char Koey Teow in D.U. Cafe can only survive here. If they operate IN PENANG, i CAN ASSURE you that , one week time they will `BUNGKUS' and go...Compare to genuine Penang cook, they are tasteless.

securepharmacare said...

Oxycontin Side Effects Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction to OxyContin: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have:
noisy breathing, sighing, shallow breathing;
a slow heart rate or weak pulse;
a light-headed feeling, like you might pass out;
confusion, unusual thoughts or behavior;
seizure (convulsions); or
low cortisol levels - nausea, vomiting,loss of appetite, dizziness, worsening tiredness or weakness.

Post a Comment