Tuesday, February 10, 2009

How to get rid of rice bug ('kuk ngao') ~ Part 2

I'm always having problems with rice bugs. There's only 2 person in the house, I do cook, but not often, then we don't eat much rice. I've tried to buy small packet of rice (1kg/2kg) but it still ends up with a lot rice bug!!

Last month when I was at The Curve, I saw there's a newly open RM 5 shop which sells all kinds of things from Japan (on the 3rd floor). There's all kinds of things there, kitchen stuff, stationary and etc. Then I found this!!

See those english words?
"Prevent insects from entering your rice"
hehe, so i think i can use this to prevent rice bug gua..

inside the box, there's this..

and then this.. the front

and the back

Buried it with rice
Not sure whether it works or not, ~sigh.. i hope it works..

5 comments:

Josephine said...

Hope it will work.
I hates rice bugs as well.
Brown rice! I love brown rice, but my father does not like it. So, I hardly get to eat brown rice.

Jys said...

ya i hope it works too. I like mix brown and red rice.. tasty!!

Anonymous said...

i got read a household handbook,taught to garlic bury inside the rice container.it works, i tried b4.i think this is de cheapest & effective way.hehe~if ur RM5 japanese stuff not working u try this la..

Jys said...

@rainingfish..

ya i tried the garlic way too, but it doesn't works for me. I think the container plays an important role too. I'm putting it in those wooden rice container, if u put in those covered air tight container then I guess will have less rice bugs.

Anonymous said...

if rice qty less the 5 kg try freezing it for at least 3 days. it will kill all stages of the bug. these bugs are already inside the rice itself when we buy them.

Post a Comment