Friday, March 14, 2008

How to get rid of rice bug ('kuk ngao')?

Do you always buy a big packet of rice? 5kg? 10kg? If you cook everyday, you probably won't have this problem. But for ppl like me that does not cook everyday, or even cook also cook a little bit of rice, 5kg of rice i can eat for a few months or even one whole year!! You might say, buy less lar, yes yes, there's one time i bought 1kg of brown rice and 1kg of red rice to mix, end up still eat for a very long time. When the rice put too long, the rice bug ('kuk ngao') will come. If you ignore it and leave it for a few weeks, it probably will end up the rice bug more than the rice!! Yes TRUST me, don't under estimate these rice bug!!

How to prevent this to happen? My aunt taught me this, let say you buy 5kg of rice, you know you will take a long time to finish it. Split the 5kg into 5 small packets and put into the fridge. When you finished 1kg, you take another packet out. and before you take the packet of rice out from the fridge, put the rice into the freezer for an hour. She said this will kill all the germs in the rice wor.. so that it won't easily got rice bug. Then after that you only put it outside.

I haven't try this myself, but will try it. If you are like me always fighting with the rice bug, no harm trying lar!!

No comments:

Post a Comment