Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Rak Thai @ Gardens, Mid Valley City

I miss the food in Bangkok very much, especially the mango and papaya salad! My favorite!! Not to mention the tom yam kung.. arggg...these mouth watering food always in my mind. When I went to the gardens last weekend, this restaurant immediately caught my attention!!

Rak Thai, sorry the pic not very clear, hehe..
hand shaking.. :p

I walked near to see the menu, hmm, the price are very reasonable. In fact, I didn't expect I can find food with these price at the Gardens!! We walked in and immediate the lady boss came near us. I think she's from Thai as she can speak Thai very well, besides that, she can speak good Cantonese too. All her staff were Thai.

It was around 9pm and she told us most of the food were sold off. Wow, so early? Only left the pineapple fried rice, green curry chicken, tom yam kung and somtam (papaya salad). Well, since only got these, then we ordered these lor.

2 soya bean, RM 2.50 each

Somtam (papaya salad), Rm 4.90
hmm, this is nice, of cos not as nice
as the one i ate in Bangkok, but consider
very nice also la..

When the lady boss served us this, she told us all their food finished, that includes the one that we ordered too!! What??!! Then she said she will treat us this somtam, and kept saying sorry to us. Ok lor, got free somtam... later go find some other food lor. Who knows, not even 1 minute, she came back again with our food. She said still got.. apa la.. so this somtam still belanja us or not? hehe..Then she said the pineapple fried rice still got, but the green curry finished already.

Thai Pineapple Fried Rice, RM 12.90,
not bad lar, very strong pineapple smell..

tom yam gai soup (tom yam chicken soup),
RM 6.90
hmm, this one so so only...

dessert, the lady boss belanja one..
hehe, maybe she also feel embarassed lar, a while
said got food, a while said no food..

So end up got treat us the Somtam or not? Of cos .. NOT lar. wuahahahahhaa.. Total bill = RM 32.67 including 10% tax. Not bad not bad, think will visit this place again.. but have to go earlier lar, else all the food also finished liao..

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the dessert the most,is mango chestnut. Yum Yum!

Anonymous said...

yeah. Tub Tim Krob, i think its RM 5.90

Anonymous said...

I came to dine here last night, after much indecision as to what to have (go back to reliable Dragon-i, and guarantee a reasonably satisfying dinner, or try something new, which given that this was a Mall, I was extremely skeptical of). Well, guess what? I was right to be skeptical. The food at Rak Thai was beyond horrible, and expensive given what it was! I ordered the tom yum soup in a coconut and the basil chicken. First the soup. The picture showed a coconut overflowing with large prawns ... don't be fooled. I could not taste any coconut milk at all. All I could taste was sugar, salt and MSG. I kid you not. There were no spices whatsoever, the lemongrass looked like it was thrown in at the end of microwaving the soup instead of being infused through boiling. The chicked came out looking like something they dug out of the garbage out back and tasted accordingly horrible. To add insult to injury, I left hungry, had already spent my dinner quota money for the night, and spent the whole night hungry and my liver working overtime trying to expel whatever non-sense it was that got in to my system. This is a real pity. I was beginning to believe that international cuisine in Malaysia doesn't just go downhill after the first few months of opening, but I guess I was wrong. What is it that causes these restaurants to get lazy after a few months? Expensive ingredients? Perhaps the Malaysian tastebud is in part to blame -- the chefs start to cater to low standards to remain in business since their original craft isn't appreciated? Oh, and I missed the Thai iced tea -- which tasted bland and totally cheap.

Jys said...

wow, really that bad now? when i was there, erm, which was 1 yr ++ ago, the food there was still quite ok..

Post a Comment