Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Bangkok Food ~ Black Glutinous Rice with Pork + Egg Yolk

When the first time CL gave me this, I told her I've tried this kuih before. I thought it's the malay kuih where you can find coconut/peanut inside. I only realized it's not the malay kuih which I thought it was when she told me her mum bought this from Hat Yai, Thailand. She said it's glutinous rice with pork and egg yolk in it.

The next day, she brought another one for me. She told me this is the same like the one she brought yesterday except this is black glutinous rice (黑糯米).

See, looks exactly like the malay kuih here right?

Black glutinous rice (黑糯米)

pork and egg yolk

According to CL, her mum bought a lot back and keep it in the freezer. It is best to eat it while it's still hot (steam). Although it's already cold when I tried it but it still taste good!! The rice blends well with the pork and egg yolk. Yummy!! Remember to try this ya, if you visit Hat Yai, Thailand next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment