Monday, July 6, 2009

De'Chiengmai Thai Seafood Restaurant @ Sungai Buloh

I first heard about this place from FL. He told me two of his colleagues mentioned this restaurant to him within a week. They knew we loved thai/spicy food, that is why this restaurant is highly recommended by them.

They didn't really tell us the direction to go to this restaurant, the only thing they told FL is that this restaurant is in Sungai Buloh. I asked around and found a friend who is living in Sungai Buloh, and thanks to her clear directions, I found the restaurant! Thanks K!! :)

First, find the Sungai Buloh KTM, there's a traffic light before you can turn left to the KTM, go straight, then on the second traffic light, turn left and go straight till the end. The restaurant is on your left. You won't miss this restaurant cos it's huge!!

De'Chiengmai Thai Seafood Restaurant @ Sungai Buloh

Exactly how big is this place? Let me show you..

I'm standing at the place where we parked our car, see the compound? Sorry for the poor photo quality, I'm taking this with my hp. :) There were not many cars, I think less than 10 include ours.
koi fish pon in front of the entrance of the restaurant

the entrance to the restaurant

Both FL's colleagues and my friend mentioned this to me, they all said the food there is pricey, BUT they don't accept credit card, so please remember to bring more cash. haha..luckily they told me in advance lar, else i'm gonna end up washing plates there. :p

Cash Only
and yes, it's pricey..

few tables occupied

Mango Juice, RM 5

Coconut, RM 6

Rice, smells really nice! RM 1 each.

see, very little only..3 tablespoon finish lor..

Kerabu Pauh, RM 15 (small)
this is not so nice, both of us feel it's not spicy enough..

kangkung belacan, RM 8 (small)

The kangkung is really very nice. Should have ordered a medium one for this. According to FL's colleague, they plant their vegetables themselves, no wonder it's so tasty!! It's fresh and yummy!!

Ayam Goreng Cili, RM 18 (small)
this is not bad too, the portion is very little..


Tom Yam Campur, RM 35 (medium)

Whenever we visit a thai restaurant, tomyam is the must order dish and normally it'll be the best among all other dishes, that is why we ordered a medium one for this. But seriously? their tomyam soup disappoint us. With that kind of price? It's not good at all, not hot enuf, not spicy, even the seafood not really fresh too...

here, if you're interested to go try it out..
Add: No.95 Jalan Kampung Melayu,
47000 Sungai Buloh.

Our bill adds up to RM 90. How do I feel? Expensive, really expensive. Beside the kangkung, other dishes are just ok. I did see a lot of ppl ordered crabs and prawns, maybe those taste better..

No comments:

Post a Comment