Wednesday, August 6, 2008

My very first meal @ Hong Kong!!

Everyone told me food in Hong Kong is very expensive. They also told me the portion is very big, if you are not a big eater, you can order one and share by two person. Really that expensive and really that big portion? Let's see...

My very first meal @ Hong Kong is at about 4pm. (after travel from Macau to HK, after checked in, after walk here walk there to find a 'Char Chan Teng'.. hehe..) There are a lot of 'char chan teng' but we walked here walked there to see what they offer and most importantly their price!!

Finally after comparing so many shops (actually price almost the same lar, also dono which one is nice..), we simply enter one shop.

Eat to New(新之食)

hehe, funny right, the name of the shop. It's nearby the Woman's Street (女人街), sorry lar, cannot remember exactly where is it already.. There are quite a lot of set meals available, which consists of a drink, a mee or rice. The price of these sets are between HKD 21 to HKD 28 (depends on what drink you order, hot or cold. Cold drinks more expensive).

FL ordered the Ice lemon Honey (冻柠蜜)

I tell you, their Ice lemon Honey is 100% not the same as ours! It's YUCKY!! It taste like cough medicine to me!! I don't understand how come lemon + honey will taste like that!!

My hot coffee, taste normal lar,
the milk taste very strong!!

FL's 'Tong Por Yuk' Rice (东波肉饭)
taste normal lar.. rice they give a lot!!

Ketchup mince meat mee (番茄肉碎面)

this is amazing!! A very big bowl but it's soooooooo tasty and I finished all by myself! I was so in love with this mee and wanted to go back to this shop again but unfortunately I can't find this shop anymore!! Miss their mince meat mee!! So so so so so so so DELICIOUS!!!!

HKD 20+ for each set so we paid HKD 48 (about RM 20++ for a simple meal at a simple char chan teng) for this meal. I guess this is consider cheap for them lar.. food is really expensive there!! Luckily, it's worth for the price.. yummy..

1 comment:

Simon Seow said...

Yeah. They tend to gives you a lot of rice.

Post a Comment