Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Nan Fei Leaves (南非叶) prevents cancer, cough, high blood pressure, high cholestrol...

My aunt asked me to try this Nan Fei Leaves (南非叶), she said her friends tried and found that it can actually cure cough. Another cough remedy? then I must try lar, no harm trying mar, since i cough for so long already.

She showed me a newspaper article about this Nan Fei Leaves (南非叶). After I read the newspaper article (if you know chinese, click here to read about the article.), this article does not mention anything about curing cough, but apparently this Nan Fei Leaves has antioxidant that can prevent cancer and also very good for ppl who has high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Wow...

Anyway, my aunt asked me to try as she said it really cured her friend's cough. Ok ok, let's try then. How does Nan Fei Leaves looks like?

Nan Fei Leaf

wash it, there's about 15 leaves here.

boil a pot of water, when the water boils,
put in the Nan Fei Leaves and turn off
the fire. Cover it for a while.

it taste a bit bitter. drink as much as u want.

According to the newspaper, this leaf is best to eat raw as the heat might lower down the antioxidant. It is best to eat with green apple, blend green apple with this leaf and drink the juice (prevent cancer). I think this is very good especially for old people. A lot of ppl already start planting this at home. If you have high blood pressure or high cholesterol, you might want to try this out. Even you don't have high blood pressure or high cholesterol, you can also try it out as it prevent cancer.

As for the cough, I'm not sure it works or not, as i cough on and off one. hehe, let me try to drink a few more times first then only i let you know. Where to get the plant? Well, i also dono, hehe, maybe you can start by asking your neighbors around, it's a very common plant, maybe your neighbors has it, who knows right?

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know this.. this can prevent cancer.. my house got this tree.. but I m not sure for coughing

thanks for the tips...

Bessie said...

Hi Joyce,

Do you know the real name for 'Nan Fei' leaf? Will it be possible to post a close up picture of the plant?

Hardly find this plant in Singapore.Therefore appreciated if you are able to share, thanks.

Jys said...

Hi bessie, there's a link to the newspaper article, click on the link and there's a closer picture of this nan fei plant.

Bessie said...

I've tried to access the link, but unable to open the page.

Jys said...

i just tried the link and i'm able to access the page but the site is a bit slow.

If i'm able to find another clearer picture of this plant, i'll post it up here.

Anonymous said...

Hi, this is Caryn. Recently i've read an article about the leaf. It can cure hepatitis and liver cancer. I would like to find out more about this. Anyone know the actually name or scientific name of this plant? Thanks.

SNC said...

Hi Joyce,

My dad (48 years old) is dying of liver cancer and I was given a newspaper article on Lin Guo Liang on 'Nan Fei Ye'. How can I get some of these leaves? I live in Singapore.

Urgent and thank you,
Suzanna

Jys said...

Hi Suzanna, I'm so sorry to hear about your father. Hope he's getting better now. I'm not sure where to get this in Singapore, perhaps you can go round those places that sells plants to ask about this?

My aunt got this from her friend, and her friend got this from another friend, so I really don't know where to get this plant.

SNC said...

Hi Joyce,

Thanks for your quick reply. Will try to find out. Anyway, is there an English name or some other name for easier identification of these leaves?

Thanks anyway,
Suzanna

Jys said...

I only know the chinese name, nobody seems to know what's the name in english.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I chance upon this blog while searching for info on Nan Fei Ye. You can contact me at cdbb05@yahoo.com.sg if you're staying in singapore and trying to search for the plant.

ann said...

You can find Nan fei tree in Bishan herb garden.
Open every sunday from 11am to 5pm

Will close in two weeks time. NParks doing upgrading in Bishan park and even the volunteers
to the herb garden is not allow to tend to the herb

Vios Wong said...

hi Nan fei ye can help diabetis also?

Anonymous said...

kindly bear in mind dat this herb might cause toxicity / side effect like asthma and weak legs..pls do nt exceed 2 leaves per day...this plant has not been scietifically proven to cure those diseases mentioned but some have proved it based on experience..research is being done now...

Khoo kiang Lin said...

I hve this plant in my front porch, after planting, I tried to get rid of it becoz it grows very fast n can grow very big n high, so I just pruned it every now n then. If any one of u lives near Seremban, Negeri Sembilan, there is a very good Herbal Plantation in Jalan Pantai, on the way to Kuala Klawang, Jelebu. Its about 10km from Seremban. I m helping out there. If anyone interested u can visit my facebook : kianglin28

Khoo kiang Lin said...

My sifu said, dont take too much, about 2 leaves each time, about twice a week, if the blood sugar or blood pressure comes down. stop taking. If u have any questions u can email to me : kianglinkhoo@yahoo.com, the facebook I mentioned above had about 250 fotos on the farm. All are welcome. Entrance is FREE........!!

Anonymous said...

if...somebody can find it( leave)...please msg contact me on +628126077814
I have plant alots in my yard....
thankyou....

Anonymous said...

kalo untuk ginjal lemah, untuk memperkuat ginjal, apa bisa membantu dengan makan nan fei ye?

Anonymous said...

Nanfei ye is very effective in lowering the sugar level of the blood. it means it is very good for pple with diabetes. My wife has diabetes , her blood sugar content is always around 10 , after consuming the leaves , the sugar level drop to 7 the next day. She now grinds the leaves about 2 to 3 leaves and drink it in the morning 2 times a week , her sugar level now hovers around 6 to 7.

Anonymous said...

English name is south africa leaf. (http://sennyong.blogspot.com/2009/08/south-africa-leaf-nan-hui-ye.html)

Anonymous said...

My family eperiences/testimonies :its gd for rashes,stops bleeding,for cuts,sorethroat, pimples,mouthulcers/blisters,brings down heat ep after eating durians,cough, sorethroat.HBP, CHOLESTROL,diabetes

Anonymous said...

you can get it at Li Hwan Drive pavement No: 30+;between No:64 and 66 ;also across the same road ie opposite No: 58[Spore:GOLDEN HILL ESTATE]

zhi said...

boil the leaf will damage the nutrisious of it. its better to it it raw or soak the leaf in the boiling woter, cover with lit and drink it while warm.

S and V Asiatrading Partnership said...

Dear friend
If you find it pls Contact Line ID: PP-Puii
For more information: Tel: +66 89-302-7943.
http://driedherb.lnwshop.com/

Unknown said...

the botanical name is vernonia amygdalina

S and V Asiatrading Partnership said...

https://www.facebook.com/NanfuichaoForDiabetes/

Anonymous said...

South African leaf

Post a Comment