Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Ipoh Food ~ Dai Gao Min (大旧面)

Before I post this post, I did ask my friend, ws, how to write 'dai gao min' in chinese. I wanted to write it as 大块面 'dai fai min' but then she said it will become 'fai' instead of 'gao', so she advise me to use '旧'. Sounds a bit weird also lar, aiyar, nvm lar, as long as you understand...

I don't really like 'dai gao min', bought a few times @ pasar malam, all not nice one.. UNTIL FL introduce me to the Ipoh's 'dai gao min'. Oh my, it's really NICE!!

So where's this place? It's Menglembu, somewhere near the pasar.. sorry lar, I'm not from Ipoh, don't really know the place lar. We were there about 4pm+, see, so many ppl queuing up.. So for those that don't know what's 'dai gao min', take a look at the picture below!!

dai gao min, RM 0.70 per piece
It's so hot, so fresh and it smells soooooo good!!

see the kacang... wow.. damn syok!!

If you happened to be in Ipoh, and happened to go to Menglembu, and you happened to pass by a pasar and you happened to see this blue van.. hehe.. MUST MUST MUST buy to try ya!!

3 comments:

Arjuna's said...

in cantonese it's 大嚿面

Anonymous said...

haha...i'm oso from perak...but we call this " manchang kuih"..love it wth lots of sweet corn..yum yum:)

Jys said...

in melaka we also call 'banchang' kuih but FL told me in Ipoh they call it 'dai gao min' wor. hehe..

Post a Comment