Thursday, October 11, 2007

Coughing non stop? Try this!!

I told my aunt about my coughing annivesary the other day when i was at malacca. I told her I've taken don't know how many bottles of cough medicine but on and off i'm still coughing, even without drinking any cold drinks!

She then brought me to her garden, and showed me a plant. A plant that looks like pandan leaves, except it's purplish green. She said I should try to boil this to drink and see if it heals my cough. My 'yi po' intro this plant to her and said it's very good in relieves sore throats and dry cough. well, y not? no harm trying wat, i want to get rid of this coughing thing!!

this is the purplish green plant i'm talking about.
looks like pandan leaves rite?
it is called Bang Hua leaves (蚌花,蚌兰花).
It is believed that the Bang Hua leaves
helps to relieve dry cough, sore throats and etc.
(清肺化痰, 凉血止血, 止咳, 止痨伤吐血..)

why is it called Bang Hua (蚌花)?
it's because of this!
the flower of the plant.

wash the leaves and the flowers.

barley, i mixed the normal barley with china barley.
i prefer normal barley but my aunt says china
barley is better. hehe, so i mix la..

put everything in the pot and start boiling!!
when the barley turned soft, it's ready to be served.

after an hour, the water turned purple!

my aunt asked me to use the palm sugar (gula melaka),
she mentioned some benefits of gula melaka,
but i forgot!! hehe..
so i added the smaller piece.

it turned out to be quite nice!
it's exactly like barley, except it's purple. hehe..
hopefully it really can cure my cough cough cough...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did it cure your cough?

Jys said...

erm, still coughing wor. hehe..
i called my aunt and asked her, she said maybe mine is not dry cough, that is why i'm still coughing..

i normally cough during morning, and got little bit of phlegm, i'll be ok for the rest of the day. and i don't cough every morning..

if you got dry cough, maybe can try this..

Anonymous said...

ohhh.... okay. For dry cough only. Can buy those plants from market meh?

Jys said...

market ar? i not sure wor.. maybe you should look around at ur neighbour's house, maybe they got plant leh.. hehe..

Post a Comment