Monday, November 26, 2007

Restoran Yong Tou Foo Chan Chan @ Bandar Manjalara, Kepong

FL and me were driving around looking for a place to have our lunch, late lunch at 4pm. It's really not easy to find food at that time. Besides mamak, we really can't find any chinese stalls selling food. We gave up finding at our place and headed towards Bandar Manjalara. After rounding for about 15 minutes, we found this shop selling yong tau fu. The shop considerws quite full house at this hour. Almost all the tables were occupied. So many ppl having late lunch on Sunday ya. hehe..

Restoran Yong Tau Foo Chan Chan @
Bandar Manjalara Kepong.

We walked in and the first thing I saw was the price stated on the white board. RM 1 per piece. Wow, Rm 1 per piece is considered quite expensive wor.. So far the most expensive Yong Tau Fu I've ever eaten was RM 0.80 per piece at this Ipoh Road Yong Tau Fu @ Wangsa Permai, Kepong. We ordered 2 herbal tea, 7 pieces of Yong Tau Fu and a paper wrap chicken.

their chili sauce is a bit different than
the others Yong Tau Fu shop. It looks a bit like
those bottle maggie chili sauce but in fact, it's
very spicy and nice. I ate a lot. haha...

the paper wrap chicken, looks ugly,
luckily only ordered one.

Rm 3.30 per piece.
totally not worth it, not nice not nice..

We ordered 2 pieces of fried fu zuk (炸腐竹),
they cut it into 4 pieces and 1 fried 'ai gua'.
hmm although their Yong Tao Fu
RM 1 per piece, but it's really
very much bigger!!

can see that two pieces of 'yu wat'(鱼滑) or not?
So big piece, RM 1 worth it lar, hehe.
and one red chili and one 'shui gao'!

7 pieces of Yong Tau Fu = RM 7.00, 2 herbal tea = Rm 3.00, 2 rice = RM 2.00 and 1 paper wrap chicken, Rm 3.30, altogether = RM 15.30. A satisfying and delicious meal!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I went to this restaurant on 27 September 2009 with 4 friends. All I can tell you is that the owner is very unethical in managing her business. I wasn't pissed off by the poor service but rather the ill-mannered accusation by the owner. I patronize this restaurant frequently and I treated a group of friends to dinner. I ordered plenty varieties of yong tau foo and other dishes. After I paid the bill, I noticed that 14 pieces of foo chuk (7pcs round & 7pcs flat foo chuk) was not served. I told the lady boss, who was managing the counter, about the mistake. I was totally shocked when she commented that such mistake could not be possible. She also added that shortage of a piece or two may seemed possible, but not entirely missing-out the order. She did not apologize neither did she offer any replacement or refund. I am totally disappointed with the accusation and with such unethical way of doing business. Hence, I am not going to visit this restaurant ever again.

Jys said...

yup, it happened to me once too...we only realized after we finished our meal.. the boss said it's impossible that they've made mistake.. so end up? we still have to pay.. but then ours is just 2 pieces missing..

Post a Comment