Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Famous Bak Kut Teh @ Kepong (家家)

I've heard a lot of people said Kepong is famous of their Bak Kut Teh, but after moving here for almost a year, i still haven't tried one that I really like. I asked a few friends who lived in Kepong, which exactly is the best Bak Kut Teh, all of them said it's 'Ka Ka' (家家), the one on the main road of Kepong, opposite Carrefour. I actually tried that one b4 few months ago, normal only mar, really that nice meh? Since everyone said that one is the best, I decided to go try again.

There are 3-4 shops selling Bak Kut Teh, how do you know which is which? Actually very easy, the one with the most ppl is the best lor. It's very obvious, the other 2 shops, empty, but this 'ka ka', wow, full of ppl!

although a lot of ppl, we were being served quite fast.
we ordered the normal bak kut teh, with
lean meat and pork ribs.

a lot a lot of meat!! smells nice.

the 'bo li sang' vege. (玻璃生菜)
one of my favorite vege.
very big plate!!

and lastly, the 'oil fried ghost', hehe..
(油炸鬼)

The soup taste quite nice, but I felt very very thirsty after eating. This meal costs us RM 26. Not bad lar, but i still prefer the Bak Kut Teh in Puchong. hehe.. A lot nicer and cheaper! and the most important thing is, after makan, won't feel thirsty!

7 comments:

Pam Song said...

Wei! Try the Ketam Steamboat. THAT's what's famous there. There's also a roadside pan mee stall that serves unbelievable pan mee. Yums. Go try.

Jys said...

roadside pan mee? where is it? I love pan mee!! hmm, nv heard ppl said pan mee is famous here. hehe.. tell me tell me.. where where?

Pam Song said...

Uh oh. I also dunno how to tell you where it is wor. Haha. I know how to drive there only. Directions a bit fail. =p

Make sure you turn into Sunway SPK. Go uphill. Once you reach the roundabout, take the 9 o'clock exit. Go straight down the road, pass many junctions. Once you go downhill, you'll reach a t-junction. Turn right. Go straight until you reach some petrol station on your right that's opposite a traffic light junction on the opposite side of the road. (I can't remember which brand of petrol it is. Sorry.) Turn left down that road. Shortly after, you'll see a bunch of roadside stalls. They're along a one way street and are on your left. Pass them. Right after them is a turning to your left. Immediately after you turn left, on your right is the pan mee stall.

I think.

HAHA. All the best in finding it. No regrets. Super good. Be there before 10pm. No more already after that.

Jys said...

wah, like that a bit difficult to find wor. hehe..

when u said Sunway SPK? do you mean Manjalara there?

Pam Song said...

Yeah, correct. If you're coming from the LDP, you need to make a U-turn under an overhead in order to get to Sunway SPK wan. =)

Jys said...

wow, i think i need to print this page out and find one day go slowly look for the delicious pan mee la!! I love pan mee! pls pls, let me find this place!!

Pam Song said...

Haha. Try lah. If cannot find ask again loh. Simple only.

Post a Comment