Monday, December 3, 2007

No more gravy!!

Kids normally takes a long time to finish their meal. It is even more difficult if the food is dry. So normally how parents feed their kids? Pour a lot of gravy to the rice or just pour the soup into the rice. It's easier for kids to swallow and thus eat faster.

I was fed using that way when i was little, and i'm so used to it till now, i can't eat without gravy or soup. My friends always asked me, why you like your rice so wet? well, easier to swallow mar. I remembered FL once brought me to Ipoh to try their famous 'dried chicken rice' (干煎鸡饭), I asked for gravy and they laughed at me. It's called 'gon jin gai fan'(dried chicken rice), that means it's dry, without gravy!! Oh my, i took a very long time to finish that plate of rice!!

Recently my aunt told me, hey don't pour too much gravy in your rice. Why? 80% of the fat is there, the oil lar.. all is there.. the more you eat, more fat u consumed! Well, for 20+ yrs I'm used to gravy, now u asked me to stop? so easy meh... ~sigh...

Next time, don't let your kids eat with too much gravy ler, else will end up like me.. no gravy can't swallow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment