Friday, December 21, 2007

My version of Steamed Dong Guai Gei Ji Chicken (当归枸子鸡)

I followed the recipe book and tried the Steamed Dong Guai Gei Ji Chicken (当归枸子鸡) few months ago. FL said it taste so so only as the chicken does not have much taste. I decided to modify the recipe, hopefully it's for the best, and not worst. hehe..

The recipe book only asked us to marinate the chicken with salt and corn flour. For my version, I marinate the chicken with 1 teaspoon of corn flour, soy sauce, oyster sauce and a little bit of sugar, seasoned for at least an hour, (the longer the better..). I'm out of ginger therefore i used garlic to replace. Heat up the sesame oil, saute garlic and pour on top of the seasoned chicken, together with other ingredients.

1 tablespoon of gei ji ~ good for our eyes (枸子) &
around 10 pieces of dong guai (当归),
3 tablespoon of
Gourmet Cooking Shao Shing Hua Tiao Chiew.
Steamed for 15 minutes and simmer for 5 minutes.

hmm, taste better too!
which version is nicer? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment